1. Closure cum transfer: In this process, you can close your existing account with your broker and move holdings to the Zerodha account. You can submit closure cum transfer form along with Zerodha Client Master Report (CMR) to your existing broker.
Transfer and Account Closure
- Avail the closure form.
- Duly-fill Delivery Instruction Slip (DIS) to transfer the securities to another Account.
- Obtain original (CML) Client Master List (Target DP) with the logo, stamp and signature.
- Submit all documents at the nearest branch.
Central Depository Securities Limited (CDSL) has a feature called EASIEST, through which you can transfer shares from one Demat account to another online.
Which is better Karvy vs Zerodha?
The brokerage of Zerodha Max Rs 20 per trade while the brokerage of Karvy ranges between 0.03 to 0.3%. Zerodha is a Discount Broker where Karvy is a Full Service Broker. Zerodha is having overall higher rating compare to Karvy. Zerodha is rated 4.5 out of 5 where Karvy is rated only 4 out of 5.
- The account holder is required to visit the CDSL / NSDL website to register online.
- Select the facility as ‘EASIEST’ and fill in the form with the required details or select for Speed-e in NSDL.
Process of transfer of shares from one Demat account to another
- Step 1 – The investor fills the DIS (Delivery Instruction Slip) and submits it to the current broker.
- Step 2 – The broker forwards the DIS form or request to the depository.
- Step 3 – The Depository will transfer your existing shares to the Demat account.
Is Zerodha account NSDL or CDSL?
Zerodha is a depository participant of the CDSL depository. This means Zerodha works as a service agent for a demat account which is held by CDSL, one of two central depositories.
How to transfer stock between brokers
- Start the process by filling out a transfer initiation form with your new broker. …
- Your new broker communicates with your old broker to set up the transfer.
- Your old broker must validate the transfer information, reject it, or amend it within three business days.