Rick’s answer: Your friends are right, Billie. Facebook no longer displays the “Share” button on posts that have their privacy levels set to “Friends”. 2 – Allow anyone on Facebook to see the post (as long as you aren’t blocking them, or vice versa). …
How to Change the Facebook Share Setting for Previously Shared…
- Visit your personal timeline and click the Activity Log button directly below your cover photo. …
- Find the status update for which you want to change the sharing preference. …
- Click the share icon and choose a sharing option from the list.
If you want to make a previous post shareable, after locating the post, select the ellipsis icon (•••) on the right side of the post and choose “Edit Post.” Select the first drop-down menu below your name (labeled “Friends”) and choose “Public” on the new page.
Click on the three-dot icon to the top right of the post you want to make shareable. Then, select the Edit Audience option from the drop-down list. A list of audience options will appear. Choose Public from the list of available options to make the post shareable.
How do I change my posts from public to friends on Facebook?
How To Change Privacy Of Old Facebook Posts To ‘Friends Only’
- Open the Facebook App.
- Click More in the bottom right hand corner.
- Scroll to the bottom then Tap Settings.
- Then tap account settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap ‘Limit the audience for posts you’ve shared with friends of friends or public’
To activate this feature:
In the left sidebar scroll down and click on “settings”: In the settings page scroll down to find “Connect With Facebook”. Select the Enable Facebook Share Functionality box. You will then be given the option to edit the text that appears.
How to Add a Facebook Share Button: To generate a Facebook Share Button, visit https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/share-button and specify the URL you want people to share as well as the width. Then generate the code, and paste it into your site where you want the button to appear.
How to unblock someone on Facebook
- In the upper right corner of Facebook, click the down arrow and select Settings ; …
- Enter Block ;
- Click Unblock next to the person’s name to remove the block;
- Ready! Now the person can see your profile but has not yet become your friend.