In the search box in the Windows taskbar, enter two backslashes followed by the IP address of the computer with the shares you want to access (for example \192.168. 10.20). Press Enter. Now a window displaying all of the shares on the remote computer opens.
Open Windows Explorer. In the navigation pane on the left, click the small arrow to the left of Libraries, HomeGroup, Computer, or Network. The menu expands so that you can access any shared files, folders, disks, or devices. Double-click the object you would like to access.
Just follow these steps:
- Press Win + E to open a File Explorer window.
- In Windows 10, choose This PC from the left side of the window. …
- In Windows 10, click the Computer tab.
- Click the Map Network Drive button. …
- Choose a drive letter. …
- Click the Browse button. …
- Select a network computer or server and then a shared folder.
How to access files once connected to a VPN
- Log into your Host PC using an account with administrative privileges and click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Go to the Sharing and Discovery section and click on the down arrow next to the word File sharing.
How to Recover Files and Folders in Shared Drives
- Right click on the file and select Restore previous versions.
- Select a version from the date that you want to restore, Tip: You can select the different files and hit Open to see if it’s the correct version.
- Click Restore.
Can you map a network drive remotely?
To map a network drive from the remote client workstation: On the remote client workstation, start Windows Explorer. On the Tools menu, click Map Network Drive. In the Drive list, select the drive to which you want to map the location of the code server.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
press Ctrl+L if you can’t type in the location bar. In shortcuts menu on top left, you have access to the shared folders on your network via the “Network” folder. You should see the PC you’re interested in there. you can also go to places->connect to server then choose windows share and then type the IP address..
4 Ways to Open Shared Folders in Windows 10
- Video guide on how to open Shared Folders in Windows 10:
- Way 1: Turn it on by searching.
- Way 2: Open it through Command Prompt.
- Step 1: Turn on CMD.
- Step 2: Type fsmgmt and click Enter.
- Way 3: Open it via Run.
- Step 1: Enable Run from Quick Access Menu.
- Step 2: Input fsmgmt.
Use these steps to view all the network shared folders from your device using File Explorer:
- Open File Explorer.
- Click on Network.
- Under the “Computer” section, double-click your device name.
- See all the folders currently shared on the network. See all shared folders using File Explorer.