Note: You can only share someone’s post from feed to your story if their account is public and they have allowed re-sharing of their posts. However, this only works for pictures, not for videos or audios.
How do you repost someone else’s Instagram story?
Instagram: How to repost a story
- Open Instagram and select the photo or video that you want to repost.
- Hit the Share icon right below the post > tap Add Post to Your Story > tap Your story.
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. Namely, Instagram allows you to reshare a Story only if you were tagged in it by the person who posted it. … The Story expired – as you know, Instagram Stories last for 24 hours.
How to share feed posts to Instagram Stories
- Tap the paper airplane button below the post (like you would to send a direct message)
- You’ll then see an option on the following menu to “Create a story with this post”
- Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
You can do that too! Just head to your stories archive, select a story and click on the three dots on the right-hand side. Then, select ‘share as post. ‘ This will open it up in the photo editing tool where you’ll have the option to crop it to the right dimensions for your feed.
How do you repost someone else’s story on Instagram 2021?
Now, if you see a post in your feed that you’d like to share to your story, you need to start by going to your Instagram story and either taking a photo or selecting a background for your post. Then, select the smiley icon in the upper right bar on the screen and look for the “reshare” option.
Can you repost a story from a private account?
Like many of Instagram’s reposting features, you can only repost someone’s photos or videos if their account is public. If the user has a private account, you can still share the post by sending it as a Direct Message to someone, but you won’t have the option to add it to your Story.
How do you repost a story on Instagram 2021?
How do you repost an Instagram Story? Tap on the airplane button below the post and select “Add post to Your Story.”
Share a Story to Your Story
- Open Instagram and tap on the “message icon” (paper airplane) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Open the “tagging notification” you received when you were tagged in the Story.
- Tap on “Add to Your Story” and select “Send” to post it to your own.
Why can’t I repost someone’s post on my story?
The main reason to fail to share the Instagram story is that the account owner limited the sharing of the posts. … The person you’re following probably has an Instagram private account where they have to accept people to follow them. So know that you can easily share posts from public accounts into the Instagram story.
Why can’t I repost someone’s Instagram post on my story?
You can’t share a post to your Instagram story because the Add Post to Your Story feature is either glitched or the owner of the account has disabled resharing to stories. … The Add Post to Story feature is most likely missing from your Instagram account due to a glitch where you have no control over.