Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
Right click on the drive that you want to share and select “Give access to” > “Advanced Sharing…”. Enter a name to identify the drive over the network. If you want to be able to both read and write to the drives from your other computers, select “Permissions” and check “Allow” for “Full Control.”
How do I connect to a server from another server?
How to Connect via SSH
- Open the SSH terminal on your machine and run the following command: ssh your_username@host_ip_address. …
- Type in your password and hit Enter. …
- When you are connecting to a server for the very first time, it will ask you if you want to continue connecting.
How do I access a server from another server?
- Open the Start menu and click “Computer.”
- Click the “Map network drive” button in the toolbar.
- Click the “Drive” menu and choose the letter to assign to the server.
- Fill in the Folder field with the IP address or hostname of the server you want to access.
How to share folders
- On your Android device, open the Google Driveapp.
- Next to the folder’s name, tap More .
- Tap Share .
- Type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose whether a person can view, comment, or edit the file, tap the Down arrow . …
- Tap Send.
Go to AD Mgmt → File Server Management → Modify NTFS permissions. Select the folders that you want to provide access to users or groups. In the Accounts section, select the users and groups, for which you want grant permissions to access the folder. Set preferred permissions and click Modify.
The 5 Best File-Sharing Software
- Sync.com — Share your files quickly and securely.
- pCloud — Share unlimited data with other users.
- Google Drive — Collaborate with great built-in features for online businesses.
- WeTransfer — Send documents easily without an account.
How do I connect to a local server?
To access the server from itself, use http://localhost/ or http://127.0.0.1/ . To access the server from a separate computer on the same network, use http://192.168.X.X where X.X is your server’s local IP address. You can find the sever’s local IP address (assuming it’s Linux) by running hostname -I . 127.0.
How do I remotely access a server?
Choose Start→All Programs →Accessories→Remote Desktop Connection. Enter the name of the server you want to connect to.
How to Manage a Network Server Remotely
- Open the Control Panel.
- Double-click System.
- Click System Advanced Settings.
- Click the Remote Tab.
- Select Allow Remote Connections to This Computer.
- Click OK.
What is sFTP folder?
sFTP (secure File Transfer Program) is a secure and interactive file transfer program, which works in a similar way as FTP (File Transfer Protocol). However, sFTP is more secure than FTP; it handles all operations over an encrypted SSH transport.