What do I do if it only shows the number of shares on Facebook when I want to see the names? … This is based on their personal privacy setting, eg, if the post is shared by someone your not friends with on Facebook, and their privacy is set to friends only, then you might not be able to see their name.
Ok, so apparently FB has updated their privacy settings… For those of you seeing the “Share” option in your posts… That means that post is open to the public to see. If you have your profile settings set to “Friends”, then no one will be able to share your posts.
How to allow people to share your post on Facebook on a mobile device
- Find the post you want to make shareable and tap the three dots in the upper right corner. …
- In the pop-up menu, tap “Edit Privacy.” …
- In the “Privacy” menu, tap the checkbox next to “Public,” then tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
To try out the Share button, go to m.facebook.com and scroll through the feed until you see a story about a link, photo, video, or public status update posted by one of your friends or Pages you Like. The Share button is in the bottom right next to the Like and Comment buttons.
It’s just as simple to do. Go to the post in question, such as on a Facebook page or friend’s account, then select Share. You’ll see a list of the people who have shared the post. Depending on the person’s privacy settings, you might not see everyone who has shared the post.
Depending on the post’s privacy settings, you may see the following options:
- Share Now.
- Write Post. Post. To share to a friend’s timeline, tap Share to Facebook and select Friend’s Timeline. Type your friend’s name, then tap Post. audience selector.
- Send as Message. Send.
- Share in a Group. Post.
- Share to a Page. Post.
How to Change the Facebook Share Setting for Previously Shared…
- Visit your personal timeline and click the Activity Log button directly below your cover photo. …
- Find the status update for which you want to change the sharing preference. …
- Click the share icon and choose a sharing option from the list.
To activate this feature:
In the left sidebar scroll down and click on “settings”: In the settings page scroll down to find “Connect With Facebook”. Select the Enable Facebook Share Functionality box. You will then be given the option to edit the text that appears.
First, go to the FB app and click on the specific person whom you want to block then click on three dots to then scroll down and click on security and privacy ten taps on the setting. Now scroll down you will the privacy scroll down and click on unblocking to a specific person and click on unblock.
You can change privacy settings on an individual post that you want to make shareable by clicking the “Privacy” icon next to the post time stamp and selecting either “Friends” or “Public.” Select “Friends” if you want friends to be able to share the post or select “Public” if you want anyone to be able to see the post.