How do I enable workbook sharing in Excel?
Set up a shared workbook
- Click the Review tab.
- Click Share Workbook in the Changes group.
- On the Editing tab, click to select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. …
- In the Save As dialog box, save the shared workbook on a network location where other users can gain access to it.
How do I allow others to edit an Excel spreadsheet?
Click Share Workbook in the Review tab. Click Editing and check the “Allow changes by more than one user” box. Click Advanced and select the track changes and update features you want to use. As other users edit and save the workbook, each person’s copy will update.
Share and collaborate with Excel for the web
- Select Share.
- Set permissions. Allow editing is automatically checked. …
- Enter the names or email addresses of who to share with.
- Add a message (optional).
- Select Send. Or, select Copy link to get a link to the file.
Can multiple users edit an Excel spreadsheet at the same time in Office 365?
You and your colleagues can open and work on the same Excel workbook. This is called co-authoring. When you co-author, you can see each other’s changes quickly—in a matter of seconds.
To be able to share a workbook, some privacy settings need to be disabled. Go to File > Excel Options > Trust Center, click the Trust Center Settings… button, and under the Privacy Options category, uncheck the Remove personal information from file properties on save box.
Click File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar. Open the list under Choose commands from and select All Commands. Scroll down that list until you see Share Workbook (Legacy). Select that item and click Add.
If you are trying to co-author, the “locked” error can occur if the file uses a feature that is not supported by co-authoring. Ask the person who has the file open to do one or more of the following. The first thing to try is to turn off the Shared Workbook feature.
On the permissions page for the list, on the Edit tab, click Grant Permissions. Type the name of the group or the individual you want to grant access to in the Users/Groups box. Choose the level of permissions you want the group or individuals to have. Click OK.
Just select the cell where you want to insert a link and do one of the following:
- On the Insert tab, in the Links group, click the Hyperlink.
- Right click the cell, and select Hyperlink… from the context menu.
- Press the Ctrl + K shortcut.
Use Excel for the web to collaborate on worksheet data with other people
- Sign in to OneDrive.
- Click the folder that contains the workbook you want to share. …
- Click Share.
- Invite the people you want to share the file with.
- Click Share.
- Back in the folder, click the workbook.
Open the file you want to send. In the Quick Access Toolbar, click Send to Mail Recipient to open an email message. Your file will appear in the body of the message. Enter the recipients’ aliases, edit the subject line and message body as necessary, and then click Send.