From the list of your files in OneDrive, simply right-click the file, and choose Open in … You’ll then get a prompt on the screen, saying that this site is trying to open …. Agree to it, and click Open. After a few seconds, the document should open up in the full desktop version of the Office app.
On the left hand side of your Google Drive look for link ‘Share with me’. Click the link. The folder listing on the right hand side of your Google Drive will show all the folders and files that have been shared with you.
Share an already saved document
- Open the document you want to share.
- Click File > Share > Share with People (or, in Word 2013, Invite People).
- Enter the names or email addresses of the people you’re sharing with.
- If you want to, click Can Edit or Can View.
Collaborate in Word
- Select Share. on the ribbon. Or, select File > Share. Note: If your file is not already saved to OneDrive, you’ll be prompted to upload your file to OneDrive to share it.
- Select who you want to share with from the drop-down, or enter a name or email address.
- Add a message (optional) and select Send.
To open and edit a file in the Office desktop app while in the Classic version of OneDrive or SharePoint:
- Select the file in OneDrive or SharePoint.
- Select the More icon , then select Open.
- Select Open in (app) (such as Open in Word).
Go to drive.google.com. On the left, click Shared with me. Select the files or folders to which you want to add a shortcut.
Open a file in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides. In the top right corner, click Share. Click “Get shareable link” in the top right of the “Share with others” box. To choose whether a person can view, comment, or edit the file, click the Down arrow next to “Anyone with the link.”
Like files, you can choose to share with only specific people.
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under “People,” type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send.
How do I open a drive File?
View a file
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Log into your Google account with your username and password. …
- Double-click a file.
- If you open a Google Doc, Sheet, Slides presentation, Form, or Drawing, it will open using that application.
How do you collaborate documents?
3 ways to collaborate on Microsoft Word documents
- Use a dedicated collaboration tool. These days, there are dedicated tools for collaborating on Microsoft Word documents, such as Simul Docs. …
- Use an intranet tool. …
- Use a shared cloud storage drive.
See who a file is shared with in OneDrive or SharePoint
- In your document library, select the file or folder.
- Above the list of files, select Share. The Send link window opens.
- If the item is currently shared with anyone, a Shared with list appears at the bottom of the Send link window.