Open the Instagram app and go to the post you want to share. 2. Directly beneath the post, tap the paper airplane icon. This will let you share it with someone via direct message, or repost it to your Story.
To share a feed post to your story, just tap the paper airplane button below the post, just as you would to send it via Direct. At the top, you’ll now see the option to create a story. Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
Why can’t I repost an Instagram story?
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. … The Story expired – as you know, Instagram Stories last for 24 hours. If the Story expired, you wouldn’t be able to open or repost it.
Share a Story to Your Story
- Open Instagram and tap on the “message icon” (paper airplane) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Open the “tagging notification” you received when you were tagged in the Story.
- Tap on “Add to Your Story” and select “Send” to post it to your own.
The most typical reason is that the person who publishes the original story has not allowed their followers to share. To mark it, go to your profile -> Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Story Controls -> Shared Content.
You can’t share a post to your Instagram story because the Add Post to Your Story feature is either glitched or the owner of the account has disabled resharing to stories. … The Add Post to Story feature is most likely missing from your Instagram account due to a glitch where you have no control over.
How to Repost an Instagram Post to a Story
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android device and locate the Instagram post you want to share.
- Tap the paper airplane icon > Add post to your story. …
- The post now appears embedded in a new Instagram story. …
- Tap Your Story to publish as a new Instagram story.