An inter-depository SGB transfer entails moving dematerialized SGBs from one depository to another (NSDL to CDSL or vice-versa). … This is an offline process called “Value-free Transfer” for which you will have to submit a Remat request to the DP with NSDL and a Demat request to the DP with CDSL at the same time.
If the transfer is done from an NSDL account to a CDSL account, it would take the stipulated 3-4 hours.
Process of transfer of shares from one Demat account to another
- Step 1 – The investor fills the DIS (Delivery Instruction Slip) and submits it to the current broker.
- Step 2 – The broker forwards the DIS form or request to the depository.
- Step 3 – The Depository will transfer your existing shares to the Demat account.
Trading in dematerialised securities is done through your broker just like trading in physical securities. You sell your dematerialised securities in any of the stock exchanges linked to NSDL through a broker of your choice.
Is Zerodha account NSDL or CDSL?
Zerodha is a depository participant of the CDSL depository. This means Zerodha works as a service agent for a demat account which is held by CDSL, one of two central depositories.
Mode of transfer – If you want to do intra-depository transfer, then you have to choose off-market. If not, then the inter-depository option has to be selected. After giving all these details in the slip, you have to put your signature. After this, you have to submit it to the existing broker.
What is the difference between CDSL and NSDL?
The only difference between both the depositories is their operating markets. While NSDL has National Stock Exchange (NSE) as the primary operating market, CDSL has Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) as the primary market. According to industry experts, an investor can have a demat account linked to any of the depositories.
How do you transfer stocks?
How to transfer stock between brokers
- Start the process by filling out a transfer initiation form with your new broker. …
- Your new broker communicates with your old broker to set up the transfer.
- Your old broker must validate the transfer information, reject it, or amend it within three business days.
Transfer and Account Closure
- Avail the closure form.
- Duly-fill Delivery Instruction Slip (DIS) to transfer the securities to another Account.
- Obtain original (CML) Client Master List (Target DP) with the logo, stamp and signature.
- Submit all documents at the nearest branch.