The easiest way to send confidential information is to have a file sharing platform that does the heavy lifting for you. Sharing files with people inside and outside of your organization is inevitable.
Send files to someone else
The most secure way to send those files (besides handing them over in person) is to encrypt them, share the encrypted version, and have the recipient decrypt them on their own machine.
How do I send securely information?
5 Ways to Securely Send Sensitive Information over the Internet
- Using a VPN. …
- Using Secure File-Sharing Services. …
- Using Email Encryption. …
- Using Password Managers to Share Passwords. …
- Using Encrypted Messengers.
Sharing personal information securely by email
Confirm the name, department and email address of the recipient. settings. Include the personal information in a document to be attached to the email, save it as “Read Only” and use encryption or electronic document password protection.
How do I send confidential documents securely?
With that said, here are your best file-sharing options—and the features that set them apart.
- Firefox Send. Courtesy of Firefox. …
- Dropbox. Courtesy of Dropbox. …
- WeTransfer. Courtesy of WeTransfer. …
- Google Drive. Courtesy of Google. …
- OneDrive. Courtesy of OneDrive. …
- SendAnywhere. Courtesy of Send Anywhere. …
- iCloud. Courtesy of Apple.
Tap the “⁝” (vertical ellipsis on Android) or “…” (ellipsis on iPhone/iPad) next to the file or folder you’d like to share. Tap Share. Tap Invite to file. Tap under Send to and type the Email, name, or group of the person (or people) you’d like to share with.
How do I send encrypted files?
When sending a PDF file using Acrobat Reader or other versions:
- Open the file in Acrobat Reader or other version.
- Choose “Tools” > “Protect.”
- Select encryptthe file with a password.
- Set password as desired. …
- Email the encrypted file.
- Call or text the person receiving the encrypted file and give them the password.
How do I send a confidential document via email?
Send messages & attachments confidentially
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- Click Compose.
- In the bottom right of the window, click Turn on confidential mode . Tip: If you’ve already turned on confidential mode for an email, go to the bottom of the email, then click Edit.
- Set an expiration date and passcode. …
- Click Save.
How do you send private information?
Email an encrypted .zip file
You can put the sensitive information into a file (of any format the recipient can handle), then compress the file into a password-protected, encrypted . zip archive file, and email that to the recipient.
Should I send sensitive information via email?
The truth is that email is not a secure channel for sending information. Therefore, you should never send sensitive data or information in an email, whether written in the body or as an attachment. “Email by default is not and was never intended to be a secure mechanism for sending sensitive data,” says Dr.