Share a folder, drive, or printer
- Right-click the folder or drive you want to share.
- Click Properties. …
- Click Share this folder.
- In the appropriate fields, type the name of the share (as it appears to other computers), the maximum number of simultaneous users, and any comments that should appear beside it.
How do I give access to a folder on my network?
- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- Select Give Access to > Specific people.
- From there, you can choose specific users and their permission level (whether they can read-only or read/write). …
- If a user doesn’t appear on the list, type their name into the taskbar and hit Add. …
- Click Share.
Open Windows Explorer. In the navigation pane on the left, click the small arrow to the left of Libraries, HomeGroup, Computer, or Network. The menu expands so that you can access any shared files, folders, disks, or devices. Double-click the object you would like to access.
To share a file or folder in File Explorer, do one of the following:
- Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people.
- Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
In this article
- 1Click the Start menu and choose Network.
- 2Click the Network and Sharing Center button.
- 3How to file share between computers? …
- 4Turn off Password Protected Sharing and click Apply.
- 5Place files and folders you want to share with others into your PC’s Public folder.
How do I give someone access to my network?
Right-click the user account that you want to allow remote access, and then click Properties. Click the Dial-in tab, click Allow access, and then click OK.
How do I give network permissions in Windows 7?
To set folder permissions for a shared folder in Windows 7 and Windows Vista, heed these steps:
- Right-click a shared folder icon. …
- Choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
- In the folder’s Properties dialog box, click the Sharing tab.
- Click the Advanced Sharing button.
How do I access files on another computer on my network?
Open File Explorer and select a file or folder that you wish to give other computers access to. Click the “Share” tab and then choose which computers or which network to share this file with. Select “Workgroup” to share the file or folder with every computer on the network.
How do I access a C drive on another computer on my network?
Enable Administrative C$ Share
- At the computer, open Computer.
- Right-click the C drive and select Properties.
- In the Properties box, select the Security tab and verify that the Administrator’s group has full privileges.
- To set up C drive sharing with a specific account, select Sharing and click Advanced Sharing.
Click the “Share” tab at the top of File Explorer if you want to share additional folders with the other computer. Select the folder you want to share, and then click “Homegroup (View and Edit)” on the ribbon to give the other computer full access to the folder.