To share a file or folder in File Explorer, do one of the following:
- Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people.
- Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
Sharing files using basic settings
- Open File Explorer on Windows 10.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click the item, and select the Properties option. …
- Click on the Sharing tab.
- Click the Share button. …
- Use the drop-down menu to select the user or group to share a file or folder. …
- Click the Add button.
Choose who to share with
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under “People,” type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.
How do I make a folder sharable?
Create a folder, just as you would create a normal folder, in a location of your choice on the computer. Right-click the folder, and then click [Sharing and Security]. On the [Sharing] tab, select [Share this folder].
Share a folder, drive, or printer
- Right-click the folder or drive you want to share.
- Click Properties. …
- Click Share this folder.
- In the appropriate fields, type the name of the share (as it appears to other computers), the maximum number of simultaneous users, and any comments that should appear beside it.
To access a shared folder on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click and paste the network path for the shared folder in the address bar and press Enter. Source: Windows Central.
- Confirm your account credentials (if applicable).
- Upload, download, or modify files as necessary.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
Open Windows Explorer. In the navigation pane on the left, click the small arrow to the left of Libraries, HomeGroup, Computer, or Network. The menu expands so that you can access any shared files, folders, disks, or devices. Double-click the object you would like to access.
The 5 Best File-Sharing Software
- Sync.com — Share your files quickly and securely.
- pCloud — Share unlimited data with other users.
- Google Drive — Collaborate with great built-in features for online businesses.
- WeTransfer — Send documents easily without an account.
Can you attach a folder to an email?
Starting in Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder you want to email. Right click on the folder itself. … Right click the zipped folder, then choose “Send to” again, but this time choose “Mail Recipient” An email compose window pops up with the compressed folder as an attachment.
Share with specific people
- Select the file you want to share.
- Click Share or Share .
- Under “Share with people and groups,” enter the email address you want to share with.
- To change what people can do to your doc, on the right, click the Down arrow. …
- Choose to notify people. …
- Click Share or Send.