How do I allow certain users to access a folder?
- In Windows Explorer, right-click the file or folder you want to work with.
- From the pop-up menu, select Properties, and then in the Properties dialog box click the Security tab.
- In the Name list box, select the user, contact, computer, or group whose permissions you want to view.
Choose who to share with
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under “People,” type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.
Locate the folder you want to make accessible to other users, right-click it, and select Properties. On the Permissions tab, give “Others” the “Create and delete files” permission. Click the Change Permissions for Enclosed Files button and give “Others” the “Read and write” and “Create and Delete Files” permissions.
How can you control access to a specific file within a shared folder? Edit file sharing in the advanced sharing. What is the format for the UNC path to a shared folder?
No. You can’t share a folder that’s inside of a shared folder unless you’re using a Dropbox Business account.
How to create a network share with multiple names and permissions
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click the folder and select the Properties option.
- Click the Sharing tab.
- Click the Advanced Sharing button. …
- Check the Share this folder option.
Can two users be logged into Windows 10 at once?
Windows 10 makes it easy for multiple people to share the same PC. To do it, you create separate accounts for each person who will use the computer. Each person gets their own storage, applications, desktops, settings, and so on. … First you’ll need the email address of the person for whom you want to set up an account.
In order to make program available to all users in Windows 10, you must put that the program’s exe in the all users start folder. To do this, you must log in as Administrator install the program and then put the exe in the all users start folder on the administrators profile.
Which folder would you use to make certain files available to all other user accounts on your computer?
You can use the Share tab in File Explorer to share files and folders on your network (homegroup, workgroup, or domain) or on a PC that you share with other people. It’s best to use HomeGroup for home networks unless you need to connect PCs running Windows Vista or Windows XP to the network.