On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing . … The Public folder of each user with an account on your Mac is shared automatically. To prevent a folder from being shared, select it in the Shared Folders list and click the Remove button .
How do I transfer files between Users on a Mac?
Open Finder and press Shift + Cmd + C to view your Computer. Go into Macintosh HD, then Users. Double–click on the user account you want to transfer a file to, then open their Public folder. Drag-and-drop files or folders into the Drop Box folder to transfer them.
Sharing files using basic settings
- Open File Explorer on Windows 10.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click the item, and select the Properties option. …
- Click on the Sharing tab.
- Click the Share button. …
- Use the drop-down menu to select the user or group to share a file or folder. …
- Click the Add button.
How to share a folder
- Open iCloud Drive from the Navigation pane of File Explorer.
- Right-click the folder you wish to share.
- Select iCloud Sharing.
- In the People field, enter the email addresses of the people you want to share with.
- Under Sharing Options, edit who can access the folder and the permissions. …
- Click Apply.
Locate the folder you want to make accessible to other users, right-click it, and select Properties. On the Permissions tab, give “Others” the “Create and delete files” permission. Click the Change Permissions for Enclosed Files button and give “Others” the “Read and write” and “Create and Delete Files” permissions.
OS X creates the Shared folder when there are more than one user accounts on a Mac. It exists specifically to allow sharing of files *between user accounts* on any one Mac.
Check to enable “File Sharing” on all Macs you want to share files between. From the Mac OS X Finder, hit Command+Shift+K and then click “Browse” to find and connect to the desired Mac. Enter login credentials to connect, and now you can use the other Mac like any other folder in Mac OS X, drag and drop files to copy.
Can I merge two Users on my Mac?
One can’t merge two or more accounts on the same machine, rather they can exchange files between accounts thus one can get all the user files and the other accounts deleted. … Any files placed in there will change permissions and be accessible to that user when you log into it.
How do I access other Users files on my Mac?
Use a drop box to share a file with another user of your Mac
You can use drop boxes to share files with individual users. In the Finder on your Mac, choose Go > Go to Folder. Enter /Users/[username]/Public, then click Go.
How do I allow certain users to access a folder?
Granting Access to a File or Folder
- Access the Properties dialog box.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click Edit. …
- Click Add… …
- In the Enter the object names to select text box, type the name of the user or group that will have access to the folder (e.g., 2125. …
- Click OK. …
- Click OK on the Security window.