When you want to share something with just one friend, you can opt to send a message instead. Simply click the “Message” button on the friend’s Timeline.
How do you do it?
- Step 1 – Type your status update as normal. …
- Step 2 – Select the ‘custom’ option from the pull-down menu. …
- Step 3 – Once you have selected ‘specific people and lists’ start typing in the names of individuals you’d like to see the post.
How to allow people to share your post on Facebook on a mobile device
- Find the post you want to make shareable and tap the three dots in the upper right corner. …
- In the pop-up menu, tap “Edit Privacy.” …
- In the “Privacy” menu, tap the checkbox next to “Public,” then tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
Rick’s answer: Your friends are right, Billie. Facebook no longer displays the “Share” button on posts that have their privacy levels set to “Friends”. Unfortunately, there’s no way to force the “Share” button to appear on posts that you mark as “Friends. That’s just the way it is now.
For those of you seeing the “Share” option in your posts… That means that post is open to the public to see. If you have your profile settings set to “Friends”, then no one will be able to share your posts.
Make sure the first pull-down menu says Share On A Page You Manage. If it doesn’t, click on the arrow and select this option. Next, make sure the second pull-down menu directly below displays your Page (especially if you manage more than one). If it doesn’t, click the pull- down arrow and select the correct page.
How do I repost a Facebook post?
Use the drop-down box in the “Share This Status” dialog box to choose who you want to share the post with. You can repost to your own timeline, a friend’s timeline, to a group, on a page you own or as a private message to another user.
Press the Share button as usual, but what you’re looking for is this little arrow in the bottom-right of the text box where you type in what you want to say about the link. Select that arrow to get an option selection box. From here, just select “Include Original Post”.
Tap in the top right of Facebook.
- Tap Pages.
- Go to your Page and tap Publish.
- Add the link you want to share.
- Tap Post.