Share an already saved document
- Open the document you want to share.
- Click File > Share > Share with People (or, in Word 2013, Invite People).
- Enter the names or email addresses of the people you’re sharing with.
- If you want to, click Can Edit or Can View.
Click the Share button on the upper right side, above the ribbon, or select File > Share from the menu. The first time you do this, you’ll see a pop-up window with a message asking you to upload a copy of the document to OneDrive to share it.
How to Prepare a Document for Sharing in Word 2016
- Ensure that your document is finished, finalized, and saved.
- Click the File tab. …
- Click the Check for Issues button.
- Choose Inspect Document. …
- Click the Inspect button. …
- (Optional) Click the Remove All button next to any issues you want to clear up.
Can multiple users edit a Word document at the same time?
Co-authoring allows multiple users to edit a single file at the same time. If another person is editing the document at the same time you have it open, you will see a little number up on the share button showing the number of people who are currently co-authoring (yourself included!)
From your email, click on Insert, then Pick HyperLink (or hit Control+K on your Keyboard) – From here you can Pick a file, then a folder and hit ok. Once you hit OK, the link will appear in the email. Be sure the recipient has access to the linked folder.
How to Co-Edit a Document in Word 2016
- Save your Word document to OneDrive or a SharePoint Online.
- Click the Share button in Word and then enter one or more email addresses of people you want to share with.
- Set their permissions to “Can edit” (selected by default).
Share a document with no sign-in necessary
- With the document open in Word for the web, Excel for the web, PowerPoint for the web, or OneNote for the web click Share. …
- Click Get a link, choose Edit (or another option if you don’t want people to edit), and then click Create link.
- Copy the link and send it out.
10 ways to share your Word 2010 documents
- 1: Share a Word doc in Windows Live SkyDrive. …
- 2: Post a document to SharePoint Workspace 2010. …
- 3: Send a document as an email attachment. …
- 4: Share a document in PDF format. …
- 5: Save a document to a shared folder on your server. …
- 6: Publish a document as a blog post.