Locate Users > Active users (or Groups > Shared mailboxes if you set this on a shared mailbox). Select a user who has a Microsoft Exchange mailbox. On the flyout menu on the right, locate Mail settings > Automatic replies (if it’s a shared mailbox, just locate Automatic replies on the flyout).
How to easily set Automatic Replies (Out of Office) on Shared Mailboxes in Office 365
- Click on your profile image (or placeholder image) on the top right.
- Choose Open another mailbox.
- Type in the name or email address of the Shared Mailbox and select it.
In the admin center, go to the Groups > Shared mailboxes page. Select the shared mailbox you want to edit, then select Email forwarding > Edit. Set the toggle to On, and enter one email address to forward the messages to.
How do I set up an automatic response in Outlook?
Outlook for Windows:
- Open Outlook.
- Click on the File tab in the upper left-hand corner, then select Automatic Replies (Out of Office) on the next screen.
- Select “Send automatic replies”
- Enter in your desired automatic reply message.
How do I set up an automatic reply in Outlook 365?
Set up an Out of Office reply via Outlook
- Open Outlook.
- Click File.
- Click Automatic Replies.
- Enter your Automatic Reply message.
- You can configure different automatic replies for senders inside or outside the organisation. You can also choose to send Automatic Replies indefinitely, or during a specific time frame.
How do I set an auto reply in a distribution group?
- Agree with michev, no existing feature is supported to enable auto reply for a distribution group. …
- 2) Login to the user mailbox for auto reply, and create an Inbox rule. …
- 3) After that, when the external sender sends message to this distribution group, he should get the auto-reply message like this:
How do you send an auto reply email?
- Select File > Automatic Replies. …
- Select Send automatic replies.
- If you don’t want the messages to go out right away, select Only send during this time range.
- Choose the dates and times you’d like to set your automatic reply for.
- Type in a message. …
- Select OK.
Can a delegate set out of office in outlook?
Generally, the Automatic Replies feature (also known as “Out of Office Assistant” or “OOF”) only works for the main mailbox and not for delegate or Shared Mailboxes.
What is the difference between forward and redirect in Outlook?
The Difference between Forward and Redirect in Outlook
When you forward an email, the “From:” field changes so you become the sender. When you redirect an email, the “From:” field doesn’t change, so the original sender remains the same.