Open the shared mailbox in a separate browser window
- Sign in to your account in Outlook on the web.
- On the Outlook on the web navigation bar, click your name. A list appears.
- Click Open another mailbox.
- Type the email address of the other mailbox that you want to open, and then click Open.
If your administrator has only recently provided you access to a shared mailbox, it may take a short time before the shared mailbox automatically appears in your Outlook profile. If the shared mailbox does not automatically display in Outlook, you may need to restart Outlook to see the shared mailbox.
Start Outlook, go to “Mail”, then right-click on the Shared Mailbox. Click on Data File Properties. Select the Permissions Tab from the menu. Under Permission Level, select Full Details > All > Folder Visible, as below.
In the admin center, go to the Teams & Groups > Shared mailboxes page.
- On the Shared mailboxes page, select + Add a shared mailbox. Enter a name for the shared mailbox. …
- Select Save changes. …
- Under Next steps, select Add members to this mailbox. …
- Select the +Add members button. …
- Select Close.
Open a shared mailbox in Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Click on the File tab at the top-left hand side of the window making sure you are in the Info section.
- Now select Account Settings and then Account Settings again. …
- Select the Email tab and then click on Change. …
- A Change Account wizard will be displayed.
A shared mailbox is a mailbox that multiple users can use to read and send e-mail messages. … To use this type of resource mailbox requires all accessing users have active and forwarded Exchange accounts, and are using Outlook or OWA as their e-mail client 6.
*NOTE* It can take up to 24 hours after permission is granted for the mailbox to show up. See the Outlook Web (OWA) instructions below for immediate/temporary access to the mailbox or to troubleshoot permissions.
- Right-click Folders (located within the left-hand folder list).
- Select Add shared folder.
- Enter the name or email address of the individual within the provided search field and select the correct result from the list. …
- The account name of the individual will now be visible within the left-hand folder list.