Stop syncing a folder in OneDrive
- Open the settings options of your OneDrive for Business client. Right click (Windows) or double finger tap (Mac) the OneDrive icon near the clock.
- Click Settings option.
- Navigate to the Account tab.
- Find the folder sync you want to disable, and click Stop sync.
How do you Unsync a folder?
Select More Options button for the folder. Hover over More Actions. Select Unsync.
- Highlight the folder.
- Select the Details tab on the right.
- Toggle the Sync to Desktop option.
If you no longer want or need access to a file or folder that’s been shared with you, you can remove it.
- In the OneDrive website, from the left side navigation, select Shared.
- Select the file or folder you want to remove from the Shared list, then select Remove from shared list.
In short,if you delete a file shared with you, it just removes it from your drive and has no effect on anyone else’s drive. … If you click the link to that file after you remove it, the file will reappear in the shared with me section.
Organizing Your Drive/Directory
- Create a folder structure.
- Use a consistent file name.
- Document your decisions.
- Review the existing records on your drive.
- Transfer historical records to the Archives.
- Purge unnecessary non-records and eligible temporary records.
How do I delete a synced folder in Explorer?
Right click on the Windows Explorer Tenant folder – click on settings. Click on ‘Stop Sync’ for the folder you want to delete. Hit OK. Now you can delete the folder.
How do I Unsync folders in Box Sync?
With Box Sync, if you want to remove a folder from your local machine, go to the Box website, right-click the folder and choose More Actions > Unsync.
How do I stop my computer from syncing Windows?
Go to Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings. From the right-hand pane, select Individual sync settings. Toggle the Theme setting to off. That’s all there is to it!
- Browse to the document library, click the LIBRARY tab, and then click Shared With.
- In the share window, click ADVANCED.
- Click Stop Inheriting Permissions, and then click OK.
- Select the check box next to Everyone except external users, click Remove User Permissions, and then click OK.
To remove a shared folder shortcut on OneDrive: … This only removes the folder from your OneDrive – it is still accessible from your Shared list and doesn’t affect the owner or anyone else sharing the folder.