A shared folder on your computer allows other people on your network to access common files. If you want to restrict others from accessing the shared folder, you can put a password on the folder to prevent people from accessing the folder contents.
Protect all files or folders in a shared drive:
- On the left, click the shared drive that contains the files or folders you want to protect.
- At the top, next to the shared drive name, click the Down arrow. …
- Click Edit to set any of these permissions: …
- After you choose an option, click Apply.
- Click Done.
Can you password protect folders in Windows 10?
You can password protect folders in Windows 10 so that you’ll need to enter a code whenever you open it. Make sure you remember your password — password-protected folders don’t come with any sort of recovery method if you forget. … You could also make a backup, and keep that somewhere else, like on a flash drive.
How can I lock a folder without encryption?
Open Windows’ File Explorer and navigate to the folder or file you want to hide. Right-click on it, select “Properties”, and check the “Hidden” box in the menu that appears. Click “OK” and the folder will disappear from view.
4. How to create private folders in Google Drive?
- Start by creating a “New folder…” in the desired location within Google Drive. …
- Update the name.
- Right click on the new folder and click “Share…”
- You will then see “Share with others” menu.
- Next, click on “Advanced” to pull up the “Sharing settings” window.
How do I lock a folder in Windows?
How to password protect a folder in Windows
- Open Windows Explorer and find the folder you want to password protect, and then right-click on it.
- Select “Properties.”
- Click “Advanced.”
- At the bottom of the Advanced Attributes menu that appears, check the box labeled “Encrypt contents to secure data.”
- Click “OK.”
How can I lock a folder on my computer?
Encrypt files and folders in Microsoft Windows
Right-click on the folder or file and select Properties. Open the General tab, and select the Advanced button. Check the box next to Encrypt contents to secure data. After checking the box, select Apply and click OK.