Hide a shared drive:
- In Drive, on the left, click Shared drives.
- Right-click the shared drive that you no longer want to see, and select Hide shared drive.
Choose Properties from the drop-down menu and click on the Permission tab. The shared folder itself will not be hidden from users without permissions by enabling Hide sub-folders and files from users without permissions. Only the sub-folders and files within this shared folder will be hidden.
Open a command prompt. Type this command: net config server /hidden:yes. Share the folder as you normally would.
To make a shared folder or drive hidden, simply add a dollar sign ($) to the end of the Share Name.
Unhide a shared drive
Note: Shared drives are automatically hidden for group members once they reach a certain number of members. This is to avoid spamming large groups with shared drive content.
How do I prevent people from seeing my folders?
You could take off their Allow “List folder contents” access in the Security tab of the folders you don’t want them to see. If you are working with groups, you could create a new group and Deny their access to “List folder contents”.
How do I make folders only visible to certain users?
- In Windows Explorer, right-click the file or folder you want to work with.
- From the pop-up menu, select Properties, and then in the Properties dialog box click the Security tab.
- In the Name list box, select the user, contact, computer, or group whose permissions you want to view.
How do I hide files from other users?
The easiest way to keep content hidden is using File Explorer.
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the file or folder you want to hide.
- Right-click the item and click on Properties.
- On the General tab, under Attributes, check the Hidden option.
- Click Apply.
What are hidden computer files & how do you show or hide them? A hidden file is any file with the hidden attribute turned on. Just as you’d expect, a file or folder with this attribute toggled on is invisible while browsing through folders—you can’t see any of them without explicitly allowing all of them to be seen.
4. How to create private folders in Google Drive?
- Start by creating a “New folder…” in the desired location within Google Drive. …
- Update the name.
- Right click on the new folder and click “Share…”
- You will then see “Share with others” menu.
- Next, click on “Advanced” to pull up the “Sharing settings” window.
Alternatively referred to as an Administrative share, a hidden share is a network share on a Microsoft network that is not visible when viewing another computer’s shares. However, it is still accessible if the name of the hidden share is known.
To access a hidden share, bring up Internet Explorer or My Computer (or just Computer in Vista), enter the UNC path (\computernamesharename$) of the share, and hit Enter. Alternatively, you can use the computer’s local IP address (such as 192.168. 1.1) instead of the computer name.