How to share files on Windows 10
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files.
- Select the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button. …
- Select the app, contact, or nearby sharing device. …
- Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.
Follow these steps to begin setting up the network:
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Under Network and Internet, click Choose Homegroup and sharing options. …
- In the Homegroup settings window, click Change advanced sharing settings. …
- Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing. …
- Click Save changes.
Sharing files using basic settings
- Open File Explorer on Windows 10.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click the item, and select the Properties option. …
- Click on the Sharing tab.
- Click the Share button. …
- Use the drop-down menu to select the user or group to share a file or folder. …
- Click the Add button.
A Microsoft Windows file share is a specific folder in your file system. It includes that folder’s subfolders, which you make accessible to your compute instances with the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol. Your file system comes with a default Windows file share, named share .
To do this, open File Explorer, right-click the file you want to share, and select Sharing. Now you’ll see all computers with Nearby Sharing enabled under the Find more people section. When you select that remote computer system, a notification will appear on the other computer that there’s an incoming file.
Share a folder, drive, or printer
- Right-click the folder or drive you want to share.
- Click Properties. …
- Click Share this folder.
- In the appropriate fields, type the name of the share (as it appears to other computers), the maximum number of simultaneous users, and any comments that should appear beside it.
Click on Start->Control Panel->Network and Internet->Network and Sharing Center. Click Advanced Share Settings and Check the Turn on file and printer sharing box. Step 3: Share a folder. Click on Start-> Select the folder to share->Click on Share tab->Click Specific people->Select Everyone->Click Share and then Done.
You can share the files and folders to other user accounts by following these steps.
- Right-click on the file/folder which you want to share.
- Select Share with option.
- Now select Specific people.
- In the file sharing window select the user accounts with whom you want to share file with and click on Share button.
Locate the folder you want to make accessible to other users, right-click it, and select Properties. On the Permissions tab, give “Others” the “Create and delete files” permission. Click the Change Permissions for Enclosed Files button and give “Others” the “Read and write” and “Create and Delete Files” permissions.
How to add new folders to shared HomeGroup libraries
- Use the Windows key + E keyboard shortcut to open File Explorer.
- On the left pane, expand your computer’s libraries on HomeGroup.
- Right-click Documents.
- Click Properties.
- Click Add.
- Select the folder you want to share and click Include folder.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.