How do I connect a network drive to another user?
Map Network Drive as a Different User
- In the pop-up windows select a letter to use from the drop down menu and in the folder enter the path to the folder you want to map. …
- Click the finish button and you should be asked to for the username and password you want to use to connect.
How do I change my network sharing credentials?
Open the Control Panel and select Large icons in the View by menu. Click User Accounts. Click the “Manage your credentials” option at the top left. Select the Windows Credentials type and you’ll see the list of credentials you have saved for network share, remote desktop connection or mapped drive.
How do I open a path from a different user?
There’s probably a better way to do it but if you go to c:windows , find explorer.exe , Shift+right click and the option “Run as different user” will be there.
How do you’re enter credentials for network drive?
How to Change a Password to a Mapped Drive
- Double-click “My Computer” on your desktop. …
- Click the drive that you would like to change. …
- Click “Reconnect at logon” and “Connect using different credentials” and select “Finish.” You must select “Connect using different credentials” to change the password.
What is connect using different credentials?
The next important setting says “Connect using different credentials”. This setting is disabled by default and it means that Windows will try to connect to the mapped drive using the user account and password from your computer.
Share a folder, drive, or printer
- Right-click the folder or drive you want to share.
- Click Properties. …
- Click Share this folder.
- In the appropriate fields, type the name of the share (as it appears to other computers), the maximum number of simultaneous users, and any comments that should appear beside it.
How do I reset my network credentials?
Windows 10 – Right click on Startup button (the windows logo button on below left) – select Control Panel – Open ‘Credential Manager‘ – Go to ‘Windows Credentials’ – and from the list, you can delete the one for computer1. Now, try again, and give the new credential, and it will work.
How do I disable network credentials?
Simply follow these:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Go to Network & Sharing Center.
- Click on Advanced Settings.
- Go to All network Option.
- Then click on Turn Off Password Protected Sharing.
How do I log into different credentials?
Option 1 – Open the browser as a different user:
- Hold ‘Shift’ and right-click on your browser icon on the Desktop/Windows Start Menu.
- Select ‘Run as different user’.
- Enter the login credentials of the user you wish to use.
- Access Cognos with that browser window and you will be logged in as that user.
How do I open IE with different credentials?
Hold down Shift key, and right click on the taskbar pinned CMD icon. Choose Run as different user. Type in the user account login info and hit OK. And in the new CMD, run “explorer.exe”.
You should be able to access and then delete cached credentials when you’re done.
- Navigate to the share (\serversharename)
- At the command prompt, type: “net use \serveradmin$” which will prompt for credentials.
- Type the UNC to get to your share.
- Once you’re done, type: “net use \serveradmin$ /delete”