Make sure File and Printer Sharing and Network Discovery are enabled on the printer server or the computer where the printer is physically connected. If this feature is disabled on a printer server you’ll know fairly quickly because nobody in the office would be able to see or connect to any of the server’s printers.
Accessing a Shared Printer
- Open the network computer or print server that has the printer you want to use.
- Right-click the shared printer.
- Click Connect. …
- Click Install Driver. …
- Enter your UAC credentials to continue.
Step one: Enable printer sharing
- Open the Printers and Faxes or Printers folder. …
- Right-click the icon for your product, and then click Sharing.
- On the Sharing tab, select Share this printer, and then type a name for the product in the Share name text box.
- Click OK, and then close the Printers window.
Add Shared Printer in Windows 10
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Devices -> Printers & scanners.
- On the right, click on the button Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait a few seconds and then click on the link The printer that I want isn’t listed when available.
How do I add a printer that is not listed?
- Select Start, type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
- In Control Panel, select the View Devices and Printers item.
- Select Add Printer at the top of the window.
- After the wizard started, select The printer that I want isn’t listed.
How do you add a printer?
Open Settings and find Printing to add a printer. Once your printer is added, open the app you’re printing from and tap the three dots that indicate more options (usually in the upper right corner) to find and select the Print option.
Click Start > Settings > Devices, then open the Devices and Printers link. Right-click your printer, then click Printer properties. Select the Sharing tab, then check the box to share your printer.
How do I connect my printer to two computers?
Open “Devices and Printers” on the second computer, click “Add a printer,” select the “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer” option, click on the printer, click “Next,” and then follow the remaining prompts to finish adding the shared printer. Both computers can now use the printer.
How do I connect my printer to my computer wirelessly?
How to connect your printer
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.” Source: Windows Central.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Turn on the printer.
- Refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network. …
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Select the printer from the results. …
- Click Add device.
How do I connect my HP LaserJet printer to my computer?
How to connect a printer via wired USB cable
- Step 1: Open windows setting. At the bottom left of your screen, click the Windows icon to reveal your Start Menu. …
- Step 2: Access devices. Within the first row of your Windows settings, find and click the icon labeled “Devices” …
- Step 3: Connect your printer.
Click start→ Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer icon and select Properties. On the Sharing tab, select the Share this printer check box, and then type a name in the Share name text box. Click Additional Drivers and select the operating systems of all network clients that print to the printer.
Right mouse click on the HP LaserJet driver that is to be shared across the network and select Printer Properties. Click on the Sharing tab. Ensure that a proper share name has been given and that there is a check mark in the Share this Printer checkbox. Click Apply.