To find other devices in the network, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Click on Network from the left pane.
- See computers available in the local network. Network view in File Explorer.
- Double-click the device to access its shared resources, such as shared folders or shared printers.
How do I allow access to all computers on my network?
Enable network discovery
- Open Settings. …
- Click Network & Internet. …
- In the panel on the left, click either Wi-Fi (if you’re connected to a wireless network) or Ethernet (if you’re connected to a network using a network cable). …
- Find the Related setting section on the right, then click Change Advanced Sharing Settings.
- Tap or click to open File Explorer.
- Select the item, and then tap or click the Share tab. The Share tab.
- Choose an option in the Share with group. There are different Share with options depending on whether your PC is connected to a network and what kind of network it is.
Why can’t I see all the computers on my network?
For most Windows users, the biggest cause of hidden PCs on a network is due to the network discovery settings on Windows. When this setting is disabled, your PC is hidden from the local network, and other PCs are hidden from you. You can check whether network discovery is enabled by opening Windows File Explorer.
How do I give someone access to my network?
Right-click the user account that you want to allow remote access, and then click Properties. Click the Dial-in tab, click Allow access, and then click OK.
How do I give permission for network sharing?
How to Change Share Permissions
- Right-click the shared folder.
- Click “Properties”.
- Open the “Sharing” tab.
- Click “Advanced Sharing”.
- Click “Permissions”.
- Select a user or group from the list.
- Select either “Allow” or “Deny” for each of the settings.
How do I give someone access to my network drive?
Right click on the drive that you want to share and select “Give access to” > “Advanced Sharing…”. Enter a name to identify the drive over the network. If you want to be able to both read and write to the drives from your other computers, select “Permissions” and check “Allow” for “Full Control.”