Access a shared folder or printer
- Search for Network , and click to open it.
- Select Search Active Directory at the top of the window; you may need to first select the Network tab on the upper left.
- From the drop-down menu next to “Find:”, select either Printers or Shared Folders.
How can I access files from another computer on my network?
Right-click on “My Documents” and select “Properties.” The “Properties” menu will display three tabs. Select the “Sharing” tab, and subsequently set “Share this folder on a network” along with any other options you deem necessary. Access the shared folder from another computer on your network.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
To resolve the issue, go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced Sharing Settings. Make sure your settings are as follows: Network Discovery: ON; Network Settings: Private; File Sharing: ON; Public Folder Sharing: ON; Password Protected Sharing: OFF.
- 1Click the Start menu and choose Network.
- 2Click the Network and Sharing Center button.
- 3How to file share between computers? …
- 4Turn off Password Protected Sharing and click Apply.
- 5Place files and folders you want to share with others into your PC’s Public folder.
4 Ways to Open Shared Folders in Windows 10
- Video guide on how to open Shared Folders in Windows 10:
- Way 1: Turn it on by searching.
- Way 2: Open it through Command Prompt.
- Step 1: Turn on CMD.
- Step 2: Type fsmgmt and click Enter.
- Way 3: Open it via Run.
- Step 1: Enable Run from Quick Access Menu.
- Step 2: Input fsmgmt.
press Ctrl+L if you can’t type in the location bar. In shortcuts menu on top left, you have access to the shared folders on your network via the “Network” folder. You should see the PC you’re interested in there. you can also go to places->connect to server then choose windows share and then type the IP address..
To access a shared folder on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click and paste the network path for the shared folder in the address bar and press Enter. Source: Windows Central.
- Confirm your account credentials (if applicable).
- Upload, download, or modify files as necessary.