Ok, so apparently FB has updated their privacy settings… For those of you seeing the “Share” option in your posts… That means that post is open to the public to see. If you have your profile settings set to “Friends”, then no one will be able to share your posts.
While the Like button allows users to share content with all of their friends, the Send button permits sending to a select group and, thus, is a more private form of sharing.
First, try to use the Facebook share button. It’s located beneath the post. When you click on share it should allow you to share it with friends, to your own facebook profile page, in messenger, to groups or to a page (if you’re an admin).
Depending on the post’s privacy settings, you may see the following options:
- Share Now.
- Write Post. Post. To share to a friend’s timeline, tap Share to Facebook and select Friend’s Timeline. Type your friend’s name, then tap Post. audience selector.
- Send as Message. Send.
- Share in a Group. Post.
- Share to a Page. Post.
How to allow people to share your post on Facebook on a mobile device
- Find the post you want to make shareable and tap the three dots in the upper right corner. …
- In the pop-up menu, tap “Edit Privacy.” …
- In the “Privacy” menu, tap the checkbox next to “Public,” then tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
Follow these simple steps:
- Go to your page’s Admin panel.
- Click Edit page, then Edit settings.
- Click Messages, which is located on the left panel of the page.
- Uncheck Allow people to contact my Page privately by showing the Message button.
- Click Save Changes.