- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- Select Give Access to > Specific people.
- From there, you can choose specific users and their permission level (whether they can read-only or read/write). …
- If a user doesn’t appear on the list, type their name into the taskbar and hit Add. …
- Click Share.
How do I make a folder accessible to certain users?
- Access the Properties dialog box.
- Select the Security tab. …
- Click Edit.
- In the Group or user name section, select the user(s) you wish to set permissions for.
- In the Permissions section, use the checkboxes to select the appropriate permission level.
- Click Apply.
- Click Okay.
- Select the file >Right click it and select Share with.
- Select Share with> Specific people.
- There Type the name of the user or you can simply click the arrow in the dialog box to select the user and select Add.
- Select Share.
HP and Compaq Desktop PCs – Transferring Files or Folders between User Accounts (Windows 7)
- Click Start , and then click Computer. …
- Click the Organize drop-down list, and then click Folder and search options. …
- Click the View tab, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.
How to create a network share with multiple names and permissions
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click the folder and select the Properties option.
- Click the Sharing tab.
- Click the Advanced Sharing button. …
- Check the Share this folder option.
In the Folder box, type the path of the folder or computer, or select Browse to find the folder or computer. To connect every time you log on to your PC, select the Reconnect at sign-in check box. ** This is the point where you should also choose “Connect using different credentials”.
To share a folder with a specific user, right-click or press and hold on it to access the contextual menu. Then, click or tap on “Give access to” in Windows 10, or on “Share with” in Windows 7. In the sub-menu that is displayed, click or tap on Advanced sharing.
No. You can’t share a folder that’s inside of a shared folder unless you’re using a Dropbox Business account.
How do I restrict access to just a subfolder?
To restrict user access to a single subfolder
- Optional. …
- On the Developer’s Folder, add the DEVELOPERS group with the This entry only scope and grant Browse and Read rights. …
- On the Developer’s Folder, add the DEVELOPERS group with the Subfolders and documents only scope and deny all rights.
To set folder permissions for a shared folder in Windows 7 and Windows Vista, heed these steps:
- Right-click a shared folder icon. …
- Choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
- In the folder’s Properties dialog box, click the Sharing tab.
- Click the Advanced Sharing button.
How do you transfer files from one user to another on the same computer?
If you need to move or transfer files from one user account to another, the simplest way would be to log in with an administrator account, and cut-paste the files from one user account to the personal folders of the other user account. If you do not have access to an admin account, ask your administrator to do it.