Protect all files or folders in a shared drive:
- On the left, click the shared drive that contains the files or folders you want to protect.
- At the top, next to the shared drive name, click the Down arrow. …
- Click Edit to set any of these permissions: …
- After you choose an option, click Apply.
- Click Done.
A shared folder on your computer allows other people on your network to access common files. If you want to restrict others from accessing the shared folder, you can put a password on the folder to prevent people from accessing the folder contents.
Password protect Windows 10 files and folders
- Using File Explorer, right-click on a file or folder you want password protected.
- Click on Properties at the bottom of the context menu.
- Click on Advanced…
- Select “Encrypt contents to secure data” and click on Apply.
Password Protect Shared Folders in Windows 10?
- Run Shared Folder Protector and add the folder you just shared from the main window. …
- Click the “Permission Settings” tab on the main window to assign access permission and set passwords for users and groups you want to share the folder with.
How can you Password Protect Folders on Dropbox?
- Sign in to Dropbox.com.
- Select the “Share” option beside the name of the file or folder that you wish to share.
- Click “Link settings”.
- Select “Only people with the password”.
- Go to “Set a password” and type in the password you wish to use to protect the shared link.
How do I password protect a folder without encryption?
You can password protect individual files, but most file formats, say text, jpg, etc (unlike MS Office files) cannot be password protected by the application hosting it. You can use compression applications like WinZip, 7Zip (free) to compress individual files and secure them with a password.