Up to five of your devices can tap into your iTunes library either directly on a network drive, through a special app, or via a feature called Home Sharing. Through Home Sharing, you can share your iTunes music library from one machine and make it accessible to other devices as long as they’re all on the same network.
How to Share Your Apple Music Library From a Mac
- Open the Music or iTunes app on your Mac. …
- Then click Account. …
- Next, click Sign In. …
- Then enter your Apple ID and password. …
- Next, click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your Mac’s screen.
- Then select System Preferences.
- Next, click Sharing.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing.
- Tap your name.
- Confirm or change the Apple ID that you want to use to share content.
- Tap Back in the upper-left corner to go back to Family Sharing.
- Tap Purchase Sharing and make sure that Share Purchases with Family is turned on.
In the iTunes app on your PC, choose Edit > Preferences, then click Sharing. Select “Share my library on my local network.” Select the items you want to share, or choose “Share entire library.” To require users to enter a password before they can see your shared items, select “Require password,” then enter a password.
How to share music to Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device
- Make sure that Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat is installed on your device.
- Open the Apple Music app.
- Find a song, album, or playlist that you want to share.
- When you find something, touch and hold it, then tap Share.
With an Apple Music family subscription, up to six people can enjoy unlimited access to Apple Music on their devices. … And each family member gets their own personal music library, and music recommendations based on what they love to listen to.
You should be able to share your playlist by choosing Menu (3 dots) > Share Playlist, when you have the playlist open. You should also see this option when long pressing the playlist you want to share from the Music app under Library > Playlists. If those options don’t work, Restart your iPhone. Cheers!
How can we share Apple music? You can’t without Family Sharing. Has nothing to do with you being adults. Each member can redeem Apple Gift Cards to their accounts which will be charged before the organizer’s method of payment.
When you set up purchase sharing, everyone in the group gets immediate access to the songs, albums, movies, TV shows, books, and apps purchased by family members who choose to share them. New purchases appear in the Purchased tab in Apple Books, the App Store, or iTunes for each family member.