Open Control Panel from Start menu, go to Network and Sharing Center and click View network computers and devices. Right-click your scanner icon and select Install to make it accessible to other machines in the network.
Connect a shared printer using Settings
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Under Add printers & scanners, select Add a printer or scanner.
- Choose the printer you want, and then select Add Device.
Click Start, and then click Programs. Click HP, click the name of the printer, and then click Scan to Network Folder Wizard.
Go to the “Control Panel” and to “Network and Sharing Center.” Click “View network computers and devices.” Right-click the scanner and choose “Install.” After this process is complete, the scanner should be available to other computers on the network.
Can I scan with USB printer?
You are able to scan your documents directly to a USB drive. … The USB port can be found on the right hand side of the printers. Select the Main Menu button located on the left side of the printer (some printers have an actual button and others have one on the touch screen). Choose the Scan and Store option.
How do I connect my scanner to my computer wirelessly?
Install or add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth scanner
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners or use the following button. Open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby scanners, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
How do I turn my USB scan into wireless?
Connect one of the wireless USB dongles to your scanner and insert the second dongle into a free USB port on your computer to establish the wireless connection.
What are two disadvantages of sharing a directly connected printer from a computer choose two?
The computer sharing the printer uses its own resources to manage all the print jobs coming to the printer. The computer directly connected to the printer always needs to be powered on, even if not in use. All the computers using the printer need to use the same operating system.
How do I set up my HP printer to scan?
Enable scanning to a computer (Windows)
- Open the HP Printer Assistant. Windows 10: From the Start menu, click All Apps, click HP, and then select the printer name. …
- Go to the Scan section.
- Select Manage Scan to Computer.
- Click Enable.