Open the document you want to share. Click File > Save As. … Under Share with People (or, in Word 2013, Invite People), enter the names or email addresses of the people you want to share the file with. If you want to, select Can Edit or Can View.
Can you open Word documents in Google Docs?
You can use Google Docs to open and edit Microsoft Word documents. You can even download your Google doc as a Word document so it has a standard Word extension (. … However, you can only download your Word Online documents as PDF, ODT, or DOCX files.
How do I send a Word document?
Open the file you want to send. In the Quick Access Toolbar, click Send to Mail Recipient to open an email message. Your file will appear in the body of the message. Enter the recipients’ aliases, edit the subject line and message body as necessary, and then click Send.
Can you upload a Word document to Google Forms?
You would head over to the “New” icon and select the “File Upload” option. … In order for the “Add-ons” option to appear in the top toolbar on Docs, you must first save that converted Microsoft file (ending with . doc or . docx) as a Google Doc by heading to File > Save as Google Doc.
How do I upload documents to Google Docs?
To upload a file:
- From Google Drive, locate and select the New button, then select File upload.
- Locate and select the file(s) you want to upload, then click Open.
- The file(s) will be uploaded to your Google Drive.
Share with specific people
- Select the file you want to share.
- Click Share or Share .
- Under “Share with people and groups,” enter the email address you want to share with.
- To change what people can do to your doc, on the right, click the Down arrow. …
- Choose to notify people. …
- Click Share or Send.
Share and collaborate with Word for the web
- Select Share.
- Set the permissions you want.
- Enter the names or email addresses of who to share with.
- Add a message (optional).
- Select Send.
Creating a shareable link makes it simple to share a document in an email, document, or IM.
- Select Share.
- Select Copy Link.
- Paste the link wherever you want. Note: If you need to change any permissions for the link, select Link settings.