Share a Dropbox folder with anyone
You can share files with anyone, including people without Dropbox accounts, by sharing a link to any file or folder. … Dropbox Professional and Dropbox Business customers can add passwords and expirations to shared links.
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click All files in the left sidebar.
- Hover over the file or folder you’d like to share and click the share icon (rectangle with an up arrow).
- Type the Email, name, or group of the person (or people) you’d like to share with, and click to select them from the results.
To share a folder inside a team folder:
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your work account.
- Open your team folder.
- Hover over the name of the folder you’d like to share and click the share icon (person).
- Type the email or name of the person you’d like to invite into the textbox. …
- Click Share folder.
You can share a folder or send a link to that folder to anyone that has a Box account. Click Share located to the right of a folder.
Each shared folder member needs to have enough space in their account to accept the invite to a shared folder. … If someone shares a 3 GB folder with you, you won’t be able to accept that invite.
How do I add someone to my Dropbox folder?
Add members to a user-managed group
- Sign in with your work account on dropbox.com.
- Click your avatar (profile picture or initials).
- Click View team and groups.
- Select the name of the group you’d like to add members to.
- Click Add members.
- Enter the name of the person you’d like to invite, and click Add members.
On the Dropbox desktop app
- Open the Dropbox folder in File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- Right-click or command-click the file or folder you’d like to share.
- Click Share…. If a link hasn’t been created, click Create link. …
- The link is copied to your clipboard.
How to share folders
- On your Android device, open the Google Driveapp.
- Next to the folder’s name, tap More .
- Tap Share .
- Type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose whether a person can view, comment, or edit the file, tap the Down arrow . …
- Tap Send.
The amount of space in your Dropbox prevents you from accepting a shared folder invite if: … The shared folder is less than your total space quota but you do not have enough space available to accept it (for example, the shared folder is 2 GB but you only have 1 GB of available space on your Dropbox)