Sunday - September 29, 2013
12:00pm to 5:00pm
West Greenwich Town Hall
280 Victory Highway
West Greenwich, RI 02817
Thanks to all who attended our 7th Annual 2013 Celebrate West Greenwich event
held on Sunday, September 29 at the new pavilion at West Greenwich Town Hall.
The ever-popular environmental and educational family event offering the
"Best of West Greenwich" was enjoyed by all.
Our thanks and gratitude to the many folks in town who contributed their time
and resources to plan, contribute and work at this event, but especially to:
- Centreville Bank who helped sponsor this year's event.
- West Greenwich Town Council and Kevin Breene for supporting the Land Trust and approving the construction of the town's new pavilion.
- Ken and Barbara Andrews and their entire family who once again provided the fabulous barbecue chicken dinner that was enjoyed by all.
- Roch's Market for donating all of the fruit and vegetables for the barbecue dinner.
- Kathy & Brian Swann for sharing their presentation of "Then & Now" of West Greenwich.
- Keith Yeaw of "All Wood" company who provided demonstrations of his portable saw mill.
- To all of the vendors, 4H Groups, Boy Scout Troop 35, Environmental Groups, West Greenwich Police Department and the
Hianloland Volunteer Fire Department.
- Music by "Not Them Again"
- Our 2013 Apple Pie Judges; Karen Zarlenga, Greg Breene, Jeff Arnold and Alex Smith
- The Trustees of the West Greenwich Land Trust for all they do to make this day so successful.
- Congratulations to all who participated in our special events and those who were awarded prizes for the Pie Contest, the
Photo Contest, and the Tillinghast Pond Bobber Contest.
Pie Contest Winners
1st Place — Wendy Tavares
2nd Place — Michelle Hevey
Photo Contest Winners
Barn at Tillinghast
by Bob Neill
Tillinghast Pond Rainbow
by Stephanie Fairbanks
by Sara Smolenski
Rhode Island Desert
by Brian Swann