Sunday, May 1, 2011
12:00 - 4:00 PM
The West Greenwich Land Trust and the Louttit Library invite one and all to the
2011 Earth Day Event
274 Victory Highway
West Greenwich, RI
The festivities will be held in sunshine or under tents.
Activities will include:
- Live Music
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Pony Rides
- Llama Hike on the Tefft Nature Trail
- Neighborhood Litter Clean Up (varying dates & times; see below)
- Historic Cemetery Clean Up (April 24th; see below)
- Food by Hianloland Fire Company
Exhibits will include:
- 4-H Animal Exhibits & Demonstrations
- Wawaloam Elementary Student Recycled Materials Art
- Metcalf Elementary Student Earth Day Posters
- EWG Junior High Student Recycled Materials Art
- EWG Senior High Student Fry Pond Conservation Area Photographs
- Local Farmers, Vendors, Craftspeople and Organizations
The student awards ceremony for Earth Day Posters and Fry Pond Conservation Photographs will be downstairs at the Louttit
library at 1:00 PM.
- NEIGHBORHOOD CLEAN-UPS
If you are organizing a neighborhood clean-up, click here to submit your location & schedule.
To participate in a neighborhood clean-up, check this website for locations and times (to be posted soon), or contact Diana Rotelli at 397-9758 or email@example.com.
- CEMETERY CLEAN-UPS
To help with historic cemetery clean ups, contact Charlene Butler at 397-6517 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VENDOR/EXHIBITOR SPACE
To reserve space as an exhibitor, farmer, vendor, craftsperson or organization, or for further information, contact Cynthia
Walsh at 397-3914, email@example.com or the Louttit Library at 397-3434.
Please join us and your friends and neighbors to spread the word about
caring for our environment and to share the joys of living in a rural community.