Celebrate West Greenwich!
Thanks to all who attended our Third Annual 2010 Celebrate West Greenwich
event held on October 2, 2010 at Plain Meeting House. The opening ceremonies started with a chain-saw opening of the newly renovated Plain Meeting House/West Greenwich Baptist Church by the trustees of the West Greenwich Land Trust and Pastor Dr. Byron Eddy Waterman. The ever popular environmental and educational family events offering the "Best of West Greenwich" were enjoyed by all in a sun-drenched fall day.
Our thanks and gratitude to the many folks in town who contributed their time and resources to plan, contribute and work at this event,
but especially to:
- Ken and Barbara Andrews and their entire family who provided the fabulous barbecue chicken dinner that was enjoyed by all.
- Tim Mooney for guiding participants on an fantastic interpretive walk on the new trail around Tillinghast Pond.
- Kevin Breene, Bill Rathbun and Fred Arnold for sharing the history of West Greenwich Center with all.
- Hans Bergey for the RIFCO demonstration and woodlot discussion on Liberty Tract.
- The Trustees of the West Greenwich Land Trust for all they do to make this day so successful.
- Our special thanks to the Champlin Foundations for providing the funding to renovate this historic building and property.
Congratulations to all who participated in our special events and those who were awarded prizes for the Photo Contest, Geo-Caching
Contest, Tillinghast Pond Bobber Contest, Scavenger Hunt and Pie Contest. Contest Winners are:
Photo Contest 1st Place:$75.00 R.E.I. Gift Card
Meagan Traficante "Little Blue Dragonfly"
Photo Contest 2nd Place: $50.00 R.E.I. Gift Card
Rob Newman "A Sultry Dawn"
Photo Contest 3rd Place: $25.00 R.E.I. Gift Card
Paulinka de Rochmont "Sharpe St. Pond Fence"
Geo-Caching Event: $75.00 R.E.I. Gift Card
HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT YEAR
AT THE 2011 CELEBRATE WEST GREENWICH!